IFTTT/Orion Setup Guide
Connect your Orion account to IFTTT
In order to start using IFTTT with Orion, you’ll need two things:
- An Orion account
- An IFTTT account. If you don’t have one yet, create one at https://ifttt.com/join
Note: In order for IFTTT to see the group you wish to connect to an applet, you must ensure that the option for "Only organization members can join" is turned off in the Orion Command Center. You must also be a member of that group in order for the group to appear in the list of available groups.
Here’s how to get started:
- Log in to your IFTTT account at https://ifttt.com
- Go to https://ifttt.com/orion and you’ll see the Orion service page.
- Click Connect.
- Log in to your Orion account: enter the email address and password you used to signup in the Orion app, and click Login.
- Click Authorize to finalize the account connection process.
- You’ll now see the Orion service page again. From here you can add one of our pre-made applets, or go to My Applets to make your own.
Using pre-configured Orion applets
- You can see all of Orion’s applets for IFTTT here.
- Check out our applets in more detail and select the ones that are right for you by visiting our blog.
Creating a new applet
Here are the steps for creating a custom applet that will send you a voice message in an Orion group whenever you receive any email to a Gmail account.
- From the IFTTT website, click on My Applets, or go to https://ifttt.com/my_applets.
- Click on New Applet.
- Click on “+that".
- Click on Gmail. If you don’t see it, start typing in the search box to filter the available services.
- If you haven’t already connected the Gmail service, you’ll be asked to log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the first trigger listed, “Any new email in inbox”.
- Click on “+that”.
- Click on Orion. If you don’t see it, start typing in the search box to filter the available services.
- If you haven’t yet connected your Orion account, you’ll be asked to log in.
- Click on “Send a voice message”.
- Select the group you’d like to be alerted in, and whether everyone in the group should hear it or just you. You can customize the message itself with ingredients from the Gmail trigger (sender name, subject, etc).
- Click “Create Action”.
- Click “Finish”.
- You’ll now see this applet on your Applets page.