How to access the Talk Button
- Check that your Orion for iOS app is updated to the latest version: 5.1.3 (or newer)
- If you’ve been using Onyx, make sure it’s turned off.
- Open the Orion app on your iOS device.
- Log in and select a group, and you'll be provided with two options: “Connect an Onyx” or "Join & Talk without Onyx”.
- Press the button that says “Join & Talk without Onyx”.
- Then press and hold the talk button to talk to your group!
How to use the Talk Button
- Push the button with the microphone icon (within the group screen), wait for the tone, then begin speaking.
- The talk button will turn blue to let you know you’re now talking to your group.
- Wait a moment after finished speaking, and then release the button.
- When you are ready to transmit, press the talk button, and hold it down the entire time you are talking.
- Make sure to wait a moment after the tone to begin talking.
- Please ensure to not release the talk button until you are completely finished talking.
- Any messages that come in from your group will be played through your phone’s speaker or connected headphones, even when your phone screen is off.
- To stop hearing messages from your group, tap the X button next to the talk button.
Using Headphones & Bluetooth Headsets
- If you have headphones or a Bluetooth headset connected to your phone, then messages from your group will be played through your headphones instead of the phone’s speaker.
- If your headphones or Bluetooth accessory has a microphone, you can speak into that microphone while holding down the talk button.
- Using the button on the headset as a talk button is not yet supported.
- Use the Echo Chamber group to familiarize yourself.
- For iPods: the mic is on the back, next to the camera.
- If you run into any issues, try killing the app (double-press and swipe up/down) and opening it again to see if the issue persists.
- Contact our support team by submitting in-app feedback or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org