How to access AppTalk
- Check that your Orion for Android app is updated to the latest version: 5.3.3 (or newer)
- If you’ve been using Onyx, make sure it’s turned off.
- Open the Orion app on your Android device and log in.
- Select a group to join.
- Press and hold the on-screen talk button to transmit to your group.
How to use the Talk Button in AppTalk
- Push the button with the microphone icon (within the group screen), wait for the tone, then begin speaking.
- The talk button will turn blue to let you know you’re now talking to your group.
- Please ensure to hold the talk button the entire time you’re speaking, then wait a moment after speaking before releasing it.
- Any messages that come in from your group will be played through your phone’s speaker or connected headphones, even when your phone screen is off.
- To stop hearing messages from your group, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen and select ‘Exit Group’.
Using Headphones & Bluetooth Headsets
- If you have headphones or a Bluetooth headset connected to your phone, then messages from your group will be played through your headphones instead of the phone’s speaker.
- If your headphones or Bluetooth accessory has a microphone, you can speak into that microphone while holding down the talk button.
- Using the button on the headset as a talk button is not yet supported.
- Not all headset mics may be supported at this time.
- Use the Echo Chamber group to familiarize yourself.
- If you are experiencing issues, please try closing the app. If the issue persists, please try rebooting your phone and launch the Orion app.
- Contact our support team by submitting in-app feedback or emailing: email@example.com