Setting Up AppTalk Plus
Setting up AppTalk Plus
For all phone models that support AppTalk Plus, you will need to accept allow two permissions requested by the app:
- Record Audio
- This gives the app permission to use the microphone, so you can send voice messages.
- Do Not Optimize Battery Usage
- This ensures you can receive voice messages while the app is in the background.
Disable carrier ePTT application
(This applies to Sprint and AT&T Kyocera DuraForce PRO Devices)
If your carrier has a built in ePTT solution we recommend disabling the carrier ePTT application to prevent it from taking over the PTT button function:
- Open application menu
- Scroll to find the ePTT application
- Long press on ePTT application
- Select Disable
- Open Setting app → Applications
- Select ePTT application
- Select disable
Programming the PTT button
Sonim phones will auto program the PTT button on install of the Orion app.
Kyocera phones require that you:
- Make Orion app an Administrator to program the PTT button.
- Set the PTT button in the phone settings.
Settings → Programmable key setting → Set it to PTT operations
To be visible on the map, tap Enable on the Location Permission bar at the bottom of the screen the first time you enter a group. From there, tap Allow on the system dialogue to grant location permissions.