Getting Started with AppTalk Plus
How to Access a Group
- Open the Orion app on your compatible Android device.
- Note the “Welcome, User” screen upon first logging in.
- Tap the two-person icon in the upper left to access the group menu.
- Tap the group that you want to join.
Send Messages with AppTalk Plus
- When you are ready to transmit, press and hold the PTT button on the side of your phone. Wait a moment after the tone to begin talking.
- Hold down the button while you are talking.
- After you’ve finished speaking, wait a moment then release the button to stop transmitting.
Receive Messages with AppTalk Plus
- Any group messages you receive will be played through your phone’s speaker or connected headphones, even when your phone screen is off.
- To stop hearing messages from your group, exit the group.
- Tap the icon in the upper left that appears as a silhouette of two people.
- Tap the group you want to join.
Changing Group Settings
- If you’re designated as a group leader, tap “Settings”, located above the map.
Exit a Group
- From the group map screen, tap "Exit Group", located above the map.
- Make sure the volume is turned up on your phone.
- Use the Echo Chamber group to familiarize yourself.