How do I disable the battery optimization feature on Android mobile?
Android mobile phones and tablets running Android 7 or higher have a battery optimization feature that can affect the performance of the Orion app.
This function regulates energy consumption whenever you are not actively using a particular app, in order to preserve battery life; while the Orion app and Onyx (which runs on Bluetooth Low Energy) are designed to consume a minimal amount of energy, battery optimization can still silence the Orion app if it's in the background, resulting in disconnection and no longer receiving incoming messages.
To ensure that battery optimization is disabled for the Orion app:
- Tap the "Settings" icon
- Tap the "Apps" icon
- Tap the three black vertical dots in the upper right
- Tap "Special access"
- Tap "Optimize battery usage"
- Tap dropdown that reads "Apps not optimized" and change it to "All"
- Find the Orion app in the list, and toggle it off (to the left, changes from blue to white)
- Switch the dropdown back to "Apps not optimized" and confirm that Orion is in this list